Email sent to all members March 20, with further information on the website (LINK)
SUBJECT: JOIN DA AS WE MARCH FOR OUR LIVES
The news alert came in just as I finished making a poster for this week’s March For Our Lives. The headline: Breaking news: High school shooting in Maryland.
And I thought - enough. Enough. It’s time for a change.
If you can’t join a rally in person, we hope you’ll join our virtual rally - and help us create a giant collage of Americans abroad standing with Parkland, from all around the world.
- Follow our friend’s example below, and print out this PDF. Or make a sign of your own!
- Take a picture of you and your sign
- Reply to this email with your pic
- Post your pic on social media with #DAResists and #VirtualMarchForOurLives
- Don’t forget to make your post public so we can find it.Here’s how to do this on Facebook without impacting other privacy settings.
- You can also use the hashtags #MarchForOurLives and #VoteFromAbroad, but #DAResists will make it easier for us to find your posts.
If you're looking for other ways to speak out on gun reform, read the additional suggestions here: https://www.democratsabroad.org/dems_abroad_marches_for_our_lives
The students of Stoneman Douglas, and the thousands of students who have spoken up before and since, have proven that this generation can and will shape our country’s future, starting now. We believe in them, and we hope you’ll join us in our support.
All the best,