Pursuant to Democrats Abroad's leadership decision to support the resolution for a single issue DNC Democratic Candidates debate on climate change, I am attending this strategy meeting on Wednesday:
Dear Fellow DNC Member,
Please join this important Strategy Meeting to Pass the DNC Resolution for a Presidential Climate Debate, this Wednesday night at 7:30pm.RSVP directly to me. (I'm also excited to be sending you an invitation to the first meeting of the DNC Environmental and Climate Council, which will be Thursday AM.)
Hosts: Hosted by the California Progressive Caucus with co-sponsors Progressive Democrats of America and Our Revolution.
When: Wednesday, August 21st. 7:30pm-9:00pm. Doors open 6:45pm. Arrive early. We expect to reach capacity.
Where: Parc 55 Hotel, Ballroom. 55 Cyril Magnin St. San Francisco (across the street from the Hilton Union, where the DNC Meetings will be held).
- Dr. Lisa Chang, physician and activist with 350 Bay Area.
- Michelle Deatrick, DNC member from Michigan; Author of Resolution Establishing the DNC Environmental and Climate Crisis Council (Resolution 7)
- Annie Leonard, Executive Director of Greenpeace USA, author of The Story of Stuff
- RL Miller, Chair of the CDP Environmental Caucus; Political Director of Climate Hawks Vote
- Tina Podlodowski, Chair of Washington State Democratic Party; Author of Resolution to Request a Democratic Presidential Debate on the Climate Crisis (Resolution 5)
- Amar Shergill, Chair of the California Democratic Party Progressive Caucus
- Dr. Hae Min Cho, Progressive Democrats of America, San Francisco (to announce petition)
Michelle Regalado Deatrick
DNC Member, Michigan
P.S. Thank you for your support for the Resolution establishing the DNC Environmental and Climate Council--I will send an email later today with information about our first meeting which will be this coming Thursday!