We’ll make this quick -- we are now just 27 days out from Election Day, and in many states, Americans have already begun casting ballots. This month’s BPI Newsletter, which will be our last until November 11, contains several resources to help you finish this cycle strong.
We need all hands on deck. If you haven’t already signed up to volunteer, now is the time to do it. Put your training skills to work to help elect Democrats from the School Board to the White House this November 3! Now, let’s go win this!
Cheyenne and Bhavana
Best Practices Institute Team
ONLINE TRAINING AND ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Team Blue Pipeline Program Webinar Trainings
The Team Blue Pipeline Program (TBPP) professional development training program is a collaboration between the BPI and DNC Talent Bank, which seeks to provide professional development and training opportunities on a continuing basis to Democratic staff, volunteers, activists, and candidates. TBPP webinars occur bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. ET, unless otherwise stated. Sign up below for our upcoming webinar sessions!
2020 Victory Volunteer Equity in Politics Training SeriesBPI Spanish Language Training Series- Campañas con Calidad
Our 2020 Victory National Training Department, in partnership with the Coalitions team and DNC, is launching an Equity in Politics training series to equip volunteers with an introduction to concepts of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, as well as actionable tips that they can implement in their volunteer work and life to help make politics a more welcoming and equitable place for all. There are multiple dates/times available, so sign up below for more information!
The Best Practices Institute (BPI) recently launched the Campañas con Calidad (3C) Spanish Language Training Program! Campañas con Calidad is a free, six-part, on-demand training course that covers a variety of campaign skills needed to run successful campaigns.
3C trainings are conducted entirely in Spanish and are targeted toward Spanish-speaking individuals who are looking to organize and win campaigns in Latinx communities. These trainings are now available for on-demand viewing in the BPI Victory Vault!
Training topics include framing and relational organizing, field organizing, digital mobilization, technology, communications, and fundraising. Register for the BPI Victory Vault today to gain access to this exciting training program! New members added each Wednesday.
BPI Victory Vault
The BPI Victory Vault contains on-demand training resources, tailored toward volunteers, community organizers, activists, and campaigns, which cover a variety of grassroots organizing skills. The BPI Victory Vault continues to grow, with new additions added periodically as resources become available. New members are added each Wednesday, and you must use a gmail account to register in order to access the BPI Victory Vault Google Drive folder. Check out our BPI Victory Vault instructions if you have trouble accessing the BPI Victory Vault once you receive your email invitation.
There is no better time than now to build upon your campaign skills by taking advantage of these virtual, on-demand training resources!
The BPI Victory Vault resources are meant for educational purposes only. BPI Victory Vault materials are not downloadable or shareable. Any individual interested in viewing the BPI Victory Vault resources must complete the application in order to request access. We reserve the right to remove individuals from any and all BPI resources in the event of inappropriate use.
October Activist Challenge
Our monthly Activist Challenge is designed to build infrastructure for Democratic campaigns and organizations through grassroots engagement. Are you ready to accept the challenge, and help elect Democrats up and down the ballot?!
As many states are either heading into GOTV, or already in GOTV mode, your Activist Challenge from now until Election Day is to help us win in November by doing the following:
- Sign up for, and complete, a virtual volunteer shift. Find a virtual phonebank or textbank at events.democrats.org or mobilize.us/2020victory (bookmark these sites, and check back regularly for new volunteer opportunities)!
- Ask three friends to register for the event with you and commit to joining you in helping to elect Democrats at all levels this cycle!
- Every week, find 5 friends to check in with, (via text, call, social media message, etc.), and make sure they 1) are registered to vote, and 2) have a voting plan.
- Bookmark and share iwillvote.com to help your friends and family make their voting plan!
- Make time to research your state’s voting laws, and stay updated on any voting changes, so you can help educate fellow Democrats on the voting process this year.
- Once you’ve completed the challenge, take a selfie and create a post on social media that includes the following information:
- Your name
- Your state or territory
- A short statement about what motivates you to help elect Democrats in 2020
- The hashtags “#BPItraining” and “#ChallengeAccepted”
- And don’t forget to tag “@TheDemocrats”
DNC Talent Bank
The DNC Talent Bank is a resource to help state parties and campaigns find the best applicants for a wide range of positions, from field organizers to digital directors to communications staff, and more. The Talent Bank also includes a weekly newsletter with information on job openings throughout the Democratic Party ecosystem.
If you are interested in pursuing a campaign position, please sign up for the DNC Talent Bank in order to receive information on available positions and other career opportunities. All levels of experience and fields of interest are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE BPI
Best Practices Institute
The Best Practices Institute (BPI) is the shared training department of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Association of State Democratic Committees (ASDC). The BPI delivers training to activists and volunteers, party leaders and staff, students and youth organizers, candidates and campaign staff, constituency caucus members and community leaders, and so many more!
BPI training topics range from field organizing to digital mobilization, data to finance, communications to compliance, and leadership development to movement building, just to name a few.
Through this vast expansion of training programs, the new BPI is building and strengthening the Democratic Party infrastructure to ensure success for years to come!
CONNECT WITH US
- Text “Training” to 43367 to stay updated on in-state BPI training opportunities, and other insider DNC news! (Recurring Msgs. Text STOP to stop, HELP for Help. Msg & data rates may apply. Democrats.org/privacy-policy)
- Check us out on social media by searching #BPItraining -- and don’t forget to tag us in all of your training and volunteer activities!
- Want to be part of an online community of Democrats, get involved at the local level, and stay up to date on events happening in your state? Click HERE to join one of our many DNC Facebook groups!