Intro to the Global Presidential Primary
Global Presidential Primary blog (with many articles)
The Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary runs from March 3 to March 10, 2020 at hundreds of voting centers around the world. Democrats Abroad will send delegates to the Democratic National Convention this July who reflect the results of the primary.
- Primary Voters must meet the following criteria to vote
- Reside abroad and be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad
- Be 18 as of November 3, 2020
- Not have voted, or plan to vote, in any other 2020 state presidential primary
- Democrats Abroad allows same day registration for voters participating in the Global Presidential Primary
- Voters may register in-person or by signing up at https://www.democratsabroad.org/join
- Voters abroad may also vote by downloading a ballot and emailing or postal mailing it to Democrats Abroad from February 18, 2020 through March 10, 2020. Ballots must be received by DA prior to 12:00 am Pacific Standard Time on March 11, 2020.
Voting Center Documentation
Emergency Voting Center Changes
- Voting Center Manager Guide
- Voting Center Manager Slides
- Quiz for Voting Center volunteers
- Tools for Running a Voting Center Rehearsal
- Voting Center FAQs (commentable - add your questions!)
- Voting Center Materials Checklist
- Campaign Representative Guidelines
Ready to Print
- 2020 Voting Center Rules
- Confidentiality Form for volunteers
- 2020 Challenge Form
- Join Form/Receipt
- Update Membership Info Form
- Checklist for Diversity & Inclusion Measures
- Official Voting Center Ballot* - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Provisional Voting Center Ballot* - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Voting Center Tally Sheet* - (remember to email it to email@example.com, call in your results, and add results online)
* do not use these Ballots or Tally sheet for rehearsals. Go here for rehearsal material.
- Ballot Assistance Events (BAE) / Remote Postal Ballot Slides
- Ballot Assistance Event Guide Doc
- Sample BAE Announcement
Ready to Print
- Postal Mail Addresses for Remote Voting by Country
- Remote Ballot for BAEs - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Postal Ballot Tally Sheet
- Postal Ballot Log
- Remote Ballot for online voting - includes editable pdf fields
- GPP Comms Readiness Training - Be 100% and 10,000% ready for your GPP comms!
10,000% ready means ready for the unexpected.
- Here's what to do if you have emergency voting center changes
- Here's how handle negative communications before it turns into an issue (or even a crisis).
- Media Outreach
- Media Tips & Interview Practice - Updated training materials on Feb 23.
- Talking Points & Messaging
- Press Kit - Available externally for press and others to use as reference
- Talking Points: Primaries, Debates, and Current Events
- Talking Points: Democrats Abroad, GPP, VFA, Recent Elections
- Press Release: VOTING BEGINS FOR DEMOCRATS ABROAD GLOBAL PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY
- Graphics and image files from the Global Design Team
- Graphics, social posts and resources from you and other CCs including graphics for offline, too, like this one:
- Tips on posting your event - Check out slides 10 and 11!
- Posting a ballot assistance event?
Here's some sample text for posting about it. And here's a graphic you can use!
Recent space activity