Intro to the Global Presidential Primary
2020 Delegate Selection Plan signed off Nov 26 (Word)
2020 Delegate Selection Plan signed off Nov 26 (PDF)
Global Presidential Primary blog (with many articles)
The Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary runs from March 3 to March 10, 2020 at hundreds of voting centers around the world. Democrats Abroad will send delegates to the Democratic National Convention this July who reflect the results of the primary.
- Primary Voters must meet the following criteria to vote
- Reside abroad and be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad
- Be 18 as of November 3, 2020
- Not have voted, or plan to vote, in any other 2020 state presidential primary
- Democrats Abroad allows same day registration for voters participating in the Global Presidential Primary
- Voters may register in-person or by signing up at https://www.democratsabroad.org/join
- Voters abroad may also vote by downloading a ballot and emailing or postal mailing it to Democrats Abroad from February 18, 2020 through March 10, 2020. Ballots must be received by DA prior to 12:00 am Pacific Standard Time on March 11, 2020.
Voting Center Documentation
Emergency Voting Center Changes
- Voting Center Manager Guide
- Voting Center Manager Slides
- Quiz for Voting Center volunteers
- Tools for Running a Voting Center Rehearsal
- Voting Center FAQs (commentable - add your questions!)
- Voting Center Materials Checklist
- Campaign Representative Guidelines
Ready to Print
- 2020 Voting Center Rules
- Confidentiality Form for volunteers
- 2020 Challenge Form
- Join Form/Receipt
- Update Membership Info Form
- Checklist for Diversity & Inclusion Measures
- Official Voting Center Ballot* - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Provisional Voting Center Ballot* - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Voting Center Tally Sheet* - (remember to email it to email@example.com, call in your results, and add results online)
* do not use these Ballots or Tally sheet for rehearsals. Go here for rehearsal material.
- Ballot Assistance Events (BAE) / Remote Postal Ballot Slides
- Ballot Assistance Event Guide Doc
- Sample BAE Announcement
Ready to Print
- Postal Mail Addresses for Remote Voting by Country
- Remote Ballot for BAEs - (works for both A4 and Letter sized paper - adjust your printer for your paper size)
- Postal Ballot Tally Sheet
- Postal Ballot Log
- Remote Ballot for online voting - includes editable pdf fields
- GPP Comms Readiness Training - Be 100% and 10,000% ready for your GPP comms!
10,000% ready means ready for the unexpected.
- Here's what to do if you have emergency voting center changes
- Here's how handle negative communications before it turns into an issue (or even a crisis).
- Media Outreach
- Media Tips & Interview Practice - Updated training materials on Feb 23.
- Talking Points & Messaging
- Press Kit - Available externally for press and others to use as reference
- Talking Points: Primaries, Debates, and Current Events
- Talking Points: Democrats Abroad, GPP, VFA, Recent Elections
- Press Release: VOTING BEGINS FOR DEMOCRATS ABROAD GLOBAL PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY
- Graphics and image files from the Global Design Team
- Graphics, social posts and resources from you and other CCs including graphics for offline, too, like this one:
- Tips on posting your event - Check out slides 10 and 11!
- Posting a ballot assistance event?
Here's some sample text for posting about it. And here's a graphic you can use!
Recent space activity
As you and your team create content this area will fill up and display the latest updates.