Step-by-step guide - DA WebEx Meeting Flow - Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Some have asked for the general steps regarding a DA WebEx meeting. Below is a simple representation of the steps.
This is a working document to help delineate the steps involved in creating and managing a DA WebEx meeting.
This is meant for support level folks.
(NOTE: this appears much more complex than it is).
All input welcome! Byron
- Prior to any WebEx meeting all PARTICIPANTS should set up and test their WebEx Media Installation.
- Installation files https://democratsabroad.webex.com/mc0901l/meetingcenter/support/support.do?Action=downloads&siteurl=democratsabroad&Action=downloads&from_login=true&rnd=0.77173284104080494
- Test meeting link: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html#
- Ensure audio connection (mic/headset)
- If using PC mic/speakers user needs to be aware that any keyboard typing or other ambient noise will be heard by all. The noise will interfere with the meeting.
- Please use PC audio if at all possible. However, a phone # is available when needed.
- User needs to have a basic understanding of WebEx panels (participant, chat, view pane, etc prior to the meeting.
- HOST sends meeting schedule request to WebEx ADMIN (Merrill/Byron/Etc)
- One week in advance where possible. Last minute requests are OK assuming calendar and resources are available
- Topic, Date, Time (EST), Time (Local time), Duration in hours, password (simple), host name
- All requests are in EST
- ADMIN checks for schedule conflict. If none, schedules the meeting
- WEBEX creates 2 emails: HOST & PARTICIPANT
- ADMIN forwards both emails to requester (HOST)
- HOST forwards PARTICIPANT emails to attendees
- HOST manages the meeting, can mute anyone's audio, assigns PRESENTER role(s)
- PRESENTERS create/manage & share materials
- Note: Materials may be managed by one PRESENTER or PRESENTER role can be passed to various (passing the ball)
- Participants listen and view
- Everyone can chat, speak (unless muted), listen and view
- WEBEX automatically starts the meeting 15 minutes prior to scheduled start. Or, ADMIN manually starts meeting if neededJoin
- PARTICIPANTS join via link supplied in the email or from DA WebEX website https://democratsabroad.webex.com/
- Note: a common issue is when people try to join the wrong meeting. It's easy to get confused. Please ensure the meeting is for the time/date/topic you intend
- HOST introduces topic/agenda
- HOST assigns PRESENTER role (or does it themselves)
- HOST sets recording option if desired
- To raise your hand. Type **Hand Up in the chat window. Send to = Everyone
- If you have technical trouble, use the chat window to PRIVATELY see if someone can help. If possible, try not to delay the meeting unless necessary
- PRESENTER shares materials (files, applications, desktop, etc)
- PARTICIPANT accesses VIEW panel to adjust size (zoom) of materials
- HOST Closes meeting
- If HOST leaves, meeting ends, all participants are disconnected, recording ends
- If Host has to leave before meeting end, they can pass the host role to another. Note: this is not the same as passing the presenter “ball”.
- Add a "when things go wrong" section. At times, meetings are waylaid by a single person having tech issues. The host needs to make the determination if the meeting should halt or continue.