Last Updated: 2020.06.10
Welcome, new volunteer! Thank you so much for agreeing to pitch in for Democrats Abroad China, also known as DACN. Here are some helpful resources and direction about our organization to give you a better idea on how you can help us. We are all in this fight together and we are open to anyone who has time and resources to give to us.
Here are some of the initiatives you can join us in (all dates and times listed in China Standard Time (GMT +8)
Please contact us on wechat: DemocratsAbroad or by emailing us at Info-China@democratsabroad.org to get in touch.
- Get Out The Vote - Voter Registration - Either online or in person registration desks or being the people to answer FAQ about ballots. We do this work under www.votefromabroad.org which is non-partisan. Next Training Sat TBD
- Get Out The Vote - Phonebanking/SMS - Calls/Texts that remind members to register to vote. Next Training Tues June 16th, 8:30PM
- Get Out The Vote - Logistics team is handling all details of mailing (if needed) from China to the US.
- Communications - Help us get our word out to activate awareness for DACN
- Design - Pitch in with designing graphics or memes that can be shared globally
- Fundraising - Help secure funds for DACN to support our initiatives
- Legal - Understand Parliamentary Procedure and our Bylaws
- City Groups - This is where members (When it's safe to) can meet face to face to socialize, have fun, and activate the comunity. Current City groups: Beijing, Guangzhou, Jiangnan (Jiangsu/Zhejiang), Kunming, Shanghai, Shenzhen
- Caucuses - Communicate and run initiatives through our Caucuses: Women's, Black, Progressive, LGBT, AAPI (Coming Soon)
- Speaker Series - Hosting VIP Experts in their fields for DACN, Asia Pacific, and Globally. Next Event with Greg Palast,
Some extra tips:
- How much time do you have? It's best to understand your own time. Are you able to consistently churn out work every week? Or will you be filling in sporadically?
- What are the most important issues to you today? Is it BLM? ERA? Voter Supression?
- Where are you located? Even if you are in rural China, or stranded elsewhere, there will always be an option for you to pitch in.
- Are you introverted or extroverted? Do you want to create virtual social gatherings? Or would you like to quietly work on some designs at home?
- What skills do you have to offer? Think about how your existing skills (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) can contribute to the organization. VERY important to highlight any past political work.
- What do you want from DACN? We all are volunteer-led but it's always important to recognize what your own intention is for joining us. Is it because you want to eventually work for a campaign? Let us know and we will think of a creative solution to give you the skills and experience you need for your future.