Opportunities for participation in our Global Women's Caucus are as varied as our members.
There is no "one-size-fits-all" level of involvement. We also encourage membership by all genders because women's issues impact all of us. What our individual sections do depends very much on their size and location.
Here are just a few examples:
1. Small groups or Individuals can access:
- Quarterly online meetings, based on an agenda which has been planned by our steering committee and made available in advance.
- Input from all participants is encouraged. Here is the place to speak up!
- We alternate meeting times to accommodate our many time-zones.
- Recordings of past meetings and Agendas are available.
- Global town hall-style meetings and Webinars with speakers from important women's advocacy groups and members of congress.
- Information, guidance and ideas for local activism based on our issues.
Through our mailings, Facebook page and website we announce regular "calls to action" such as targeted letter writing, call-storms and protests.
2. Medium-sized groups can additionally:
- Form a section for their own chapter: We encourage groups of any size to get together and start planning events for their own chapters or precincts.
They can check the Women's Caucus Wiki (under Resources on our website) for tips on how to start their own caucus, and choose first activities.
- Sponsor a workshop weekend with your local DA chapter on any number of topics, and invite members from all over. Offer home-stays when possible.
An event like this can electrify and unify the entire chapter! We can help you.
- Stage Events of all kinds: a protest march or vigil, Fund-Raisers, GOTV
3. Large caucus sections:
With hundreds of members our sections in major cities are leading the way and providing an example of what groups in other cities around the world might aim for.
Some of their accomplishments include:
- Establishing working committees in areas such as Issues and Goals, Membership and Outreach, Education, Legislative, Events and Activism, Communications, etc.
- Holding regular teach-ins, workshops, film-nights,
- Inviting Internationally-known speakers for live or online events
- Lobbying, interfacing with legislative councils in theU.S.
- Staging major protests and demonstrations.
Wherever you might be, we always have a need for volunteers to step up and take on extra responsibilities too, so please let us know if you would like to fill out our volunteer survey and join one of our more active global teams.