Guidance on Maintaining Compliance for DPCA Country Committees
The DPCA Charter defines a set of responsibilities and compliance requirements for its constituent Country Committees.
These requirements stem from the mission of Democrats Abroad, provide guidance and are intended to ensure that:
- Up-to-date contact information for officers who move or fill vacancies in Country Committees and Chapters.
- Designated Country Committee and/or Chapter Press Contacts, Social Media Contacts, VR-GOTV Contacts and Fundraising Contacts.
- Field Plans, GOTV Plans, and other documents relating to Country Committee and Chapter activities.
- Administrative access to local DA Country Committee websites and social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Copies of earned media coverage and paid advertisements.
Recommended minimum activities of a Country Committee
- Comply with the Country Committee's bylaws and the DA Charter.
- Find U.S. citizens in the Country Committee or Chapter area and help them register to vote or request their ballots.
- Conduct an Annual General Meetings Meeting (AGMsAGM) in the first quarter of the year to meet the requirements of the DA Charter and the Country Committee's bylaws.
- Hold easily accessible regular , at least quarterly, gatherings open to all members (in-person or electronically).
- Update information on the Country Committee page on the www.democratsabroad.org web presence (minimum: current Country Committee Chair contact information and a schedule of upcoming meetings).
- Attend the annual DPCA Global Meeting.
- Attend annual or biennial Regional Meetings in your region.
- Participate in monthly regional teleconferences and maintain contact with the appropriate Regional Vice Chair.
- Maintain a social media presence OR request that the global Communications Committee manage social media on the Country Committee's behalf.
- Locally promote www.VoteFromAbroad.org for voter registration/ballot request prior to federal elections.
- Verify all Country Committee members by phone or other confirmed contact at least once every 4 years.
- Assist with raising funds for DPCA where possible and appropriate.