- Most of the applicable rules appear in each country's bylaws. Be sure to review the entire bylaws when you prepare. For example, the descriptions of officers' positions may include a requirement to report at the AGM.
- If your committee is a registered organization within your country, be sure to review your country's AGM requirements.
- Provide a notice of the meeting time and date to all your membership. The schedule for the notice will likely be indicated in your bylaws, otherwise it is 30 days.
- Ensure you have a quorum (check your bylaws).
- Take meeting minutes and submit these minutes to the International Secretary
- To hold Hold your AGM before July 1 of each year – or before the deadline indicated in your bylaws.
- Set a date and time with your excom that allows ample notification time.
- Create an AGM event on your DA webspace for members to use to rsvp.
- Email an announcement of the meeting to all your members that , make sure it meets your notification criteria.
- Consider announcing the meeting on FB as well as via email.
- Plan your agenda with your excom.
- Organize volunteers for each aspect of the program. Examples include:
- Welcome team to greet members as they arrive
- Refreshments organizer
- Someone to take meeting minutes if your secretary is not present.
- Someone to work with your speaker
- Confirm your speaker (if you will have one) well ahead of time.