Event Option 1: Pressing Play — ”Watch, Learn, and Act”
Participants could have a potluck with movie snacks and beverages.
We are pleased to announce that we have received limited free access to the 30-minute video – “Legalize Equality” by Equal Means Equal organization.
If you are interested in viewing, please click here to add your name and email to the list to receive the link and password which you can us from now until January 20th
List of possible discussion questions:
- Welcome and Introductions
- ERA Trivia
- Discussion. List of possible discussion questions:
- What did you learn from the trivia questions that you didn’t know before?
- Do you know any other “fun facts” about the ERA or women’s rights?
- What does equality mean to you?
- Marian Wright Edelman, a lifelong activist and the president and founder of the Children’s Defense Fund, advises all fellow activists to “be a good ancestor.” How can we convince the skeptics that ratifying the ERA is one important way that we can all be good ancestors?
- Does anyone feel comfortable sharing why the fight for equality feels personal to them?
- Record a video message (scripts provided) to send to the state legislature of thestates that have not yet ratified the ERA
- Write postcards (guidelines here) to the governors and/or attorneys general of the states that have not yetratified the ERA
- Take photos with ERA selfie frame and send them to the Global Women’s Caucus
4. Complete Crafts and Take Photos