as of March December 2017
Establishing and Governing the DPCA Travel Fund
Determining Recipients of Travel Fund Awards
- Invalid and late applications are discarded by the Chair of the committee. Furthermore, the Chair reserves the right to verify past DPCA Global Meeting attendance and service to Democrats Abroad with the DPCA International Secretary and/or relevant regional and local officials, and to reject applications determined to contain false information.
- All members of the committee read all valid applications and meet once to discuss the applications.
- All members of the committee rank all valid applications in order (1, 2, 3, 4…), submitting their ranks secretly to the Chair of the committee.
- The Chair of the committee sums all the ranks for each applicant to determine an overall ranking. In the event that more multiple applications have an equal aggregate ranking, the Chair of the committee shall determine the order between them.
- The committee shall award $500 to each selected applicant, beginning with the applicant receiving the lowest numerical score, until less than $500 is left in the fund. The remainder is left in the fund for the next in-person DPCA Global Meeting.
- The Chair of the committee will contact each potential recipient in order. If a recipient states that he or she will not attend the meeting, then $500 will be awarded to the next highest-ranked applicant.
- Under no circumstances should the committee increase the amount awarded to an applicant or even inquire whether a larger award would allow an applicant to travel. Any money not awarded due to lack of valid applicants or applicants willing to attend should be kept for the next DPCA Global Meeting.
- The names of award recipients shall be publicized through appropriate DPCA channels, including the DPCA Leadership group and at the Global Meeting.
- The Chair of the committee should request the record of attendance from the International Secretary as soon as practical after the meeting and submit a full report to the International Chair for the use of the next Chair of the Travel Fund Committee.