- Get Out The Vote - Voter Registration - Either online or in person registration desks or being the people to answer FAQ about ballots. We do this work under www.votefromabroad.org which is non-partisan. Next Training Sat June 13th 10AM TBD
- Get Out The Vote - Phonebanking/SMS - Calls/Texts that remind members to register to vote. Next Training Wed Tues June 10th16th, 8:30PM
- Get Out The Vote - Logistics team is handling all details of mailing (if needed) from China to the US.
- Communications - Help us get our word out to activate awareness for DACN
- Design - Pitch in with designing graphics or memes that can be shared globally
- Fundraising - Help secure funds for DACN to support our initiatives
- Legal - Understand Parliamentary Procedure and our Bylaws
- City Groups - This is where members (When it's safe to) can meet face to face to socialize, have fun, and activate the comunity. Current City groups: Beijing, Guangzhou, Jiangnan (Jiangsu/Zhejiang), Kunming, Shanghai, Shenzhen
- Caucuses - Communicate and run initiatives through our Caucuses: Women's, Black, Progressive, LGBT, AAPI (Coming Soon)
- Speaker Series - Hosting VIP Experts in their fields for DACN, Asia Pacific, and Globally. Next Event Sunday June 14th 7:30PM with Quentin Palfrey, Voting expert.with Greg Palast,
Some extra tips:
- How much time do you have? It's best to understand your own time. Are you able to consistently churn out work every week? Or will you be filling in sporadically?
- What are the most important issues to you today? Is it BLM? ERA? Voter Supression?
- Where are you located? Even if you are in rural China, or stranded elsewhere, there will always be an option for you to pitch in.
- Are you introverted or extroverted? Do you want to create virtual social gatherings? Or would you like to quietly work on some designs at home?
- What skills do you have to offer? Think about how your existing skills (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) can contribute to the organization. VERY important to highlight any past political work.
- What do you want from DACN? We all are volunteer-led but it's always important to recognize what your own intention is for joining us. Is it because you want to eventually work for a campaign? Let us know and we will think of a creative solution to give you the skills and experience you need for your future.