Travel and Accommodation
- Travelodge Royal Mile (5 minutes walk to venue): Double Room B&B = £87 https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/205/Edinburgh-Central-hotel
- Mercure Hotel (next to Royal Overseas League, venue for Friday night reception; 15 mins walk to venue): Double Room B&B = £74 http://www.mercureedinburgh.co.uk/
- Motel One (10 mins walk to venue; across from Edinburgh Waverley Train station): Basic Room and Breakfast = £68 http://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/edinburgh/hotel-edinburgh-royal/
- Ibis Hunter Square (10 mins walk to venue): Double Room and Breakfast = £68 http://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/edinburgh/hotel-edinburgh-royal/
- Waldorf Astoria (30 mins walk to meeting venue, venue for Saturday formal dinner): Basic room = £164
- We can also recommend looking for accommodation on
Things to note for Accommodation:
- Everything in Edinburgh is walking distance. If you stay within the EH1 – EH8 postcode, you will be able to walk to the conference venue and every tourist destination Edinburgh has to offer within a 40 minute walk. Otherwise, there are cheap (1.50 GBP) and easy-to-use buses throughout the city. All accommodation mentioned in this guide are within the EH1 – EH3 post codes, and under a 20 minute walk to all conference and social venues.
- Stay near the Royal Mile. The Mile is the centre of the city, so if you want something smack dab in the middle of everything, stay near the mile. All accommodation mentioned in this guide is near the mile.
- Hostels have private rooms too. Contrary to popular belief, hostels don’t just house dorms. More often than not, you can get a private, ensuite double room at a hostel for a fraction of the cost of a hotel. Something to keep in mind if you’re on a budget!
- Edinburgh is safe. You can ensure that no matter where you end up in Edinburgh, it will be safe and clean.
Hotels in Edinburgh
1. Stay Central Edinburgh
2. Grassmarket Hotel
50 – 60 GBP/night
3. Motel One Edinburgh
4. Jury’s Inn Edinburgh
5. Holiday Inn Express City Centre
6. Travelodge Edinburgh Central
7. Ibis Edinburgh Central Royal Mile/ Ibis Edinburgh Central South Bridge/ Ibis Styles Centre St Andrews Square
Hostels in Edinburgh
8. Smart City Hostel
9. Edinburgh Backpackers
20 - 90 GBP/night
10. High Street Hostel
15 – 40 GBP/night
11. St. Christopher’s Edinburgh Hostel
20 – 50 GBP/nights
Links for Finding Accommodation in Edinburgh